George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 06/21/2016 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings broadcast on Provo's Channel 17
Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings are broadcast on Provo's Channel 17
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
1. A presentation by the Covey Center (Art Show showcase)
2. Employee of the Month for the month of May, 2016 - Chad Roscher
3. Miss Provo and Royalty presentation
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Council Items and Reports
4. A public hearing on an ordinance adopting a tentative budget for Provo City Corporation for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017, in the amount of $201,794,044, setting a public hearing to consider a proposed change in the Certified Tax Rate, and amending the Consolidated Fee Schedule and Provo City Code Section 4.04.060. (16-054)
5. A resolution authorizing Provo City to enter into an Interlocal Agreement with the Redevelopment Agency of Provo authorizing the use of tax increment to facilitate the development of Cityview Apartments. (16-081)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
6. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017, in the amount of $4,292,168. (16-055)
7. A resolution authorizing the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City to execute an Interlocal Agreement with Provo City, Provo School District, Utah County, and the Utah Water Conservancy District authorizing the collection of tax increment related to facilitate the development of the Cityview Apartments. (16-082)
Storm Water Special Service District
8. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Provo City Storm Water Special Service District in the amount of $4,196,915 for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017. (16-056)
Mayor's Items and Reports
9. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to approve an application for a Byrne Justice Assistance Grant and to execute an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Utah County relating to the 2016 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant Program. (16-079)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting will be held on 07/05/2016 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers, 351 West Center Street, Provo, unless otherwise noticed. The Work Session meeting start times is to be determined and will be noticed at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time, but typically begins between 1:00 and 4:00pm.