George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 08/16/2016 12:45 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Room 310, Municipal Council Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
Work Meeting Agenda
12:45 PM, Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
Council Business: Governance Process and Rules
1. Introduction of Teri McCabe, recommended for the Library Board (16-101)
Mayor's Items and Reports
2. A discussion regarding process for the quarterly review of 25 fees (16-102)
3. A discussion regarding the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Utah County and Provo City for Lakeview Parkway Project (16-096)
Upcoming Policy Items referred from the Planning Commission
4. Alan Prince, representing Monterey-Ellis LLC, requests a zoning map amendment of approximately 15.25 acres, located at approximately 965 South 1600 West, from the A1.1 Agricultural Zone (one acre minimum) to the R1.8 Single-Family Residential Zone (8,000 square feet minimum). The rezoning would facilitate the development of a 50-lot single-family subdivision. Sunset Neighborhood. (15-0014R)
6. Ivory Homes requests an ordinance amendment to Section 14.49E.050.(6) to allow a maximum front yard setback of 30 feet instead of 22 feet as currently required, for the Broadview Shore Development located at approximately 1300-2000 North Geneva Road in the SDP-5 Zone. Lakeview North Neighborhood. (16-0014OA)
7. PEG Development requests a code amendment to Sections 14.21A.070 and 14.21A.080 reducing the minimum story height in the DT1 (General Downtown) Zone and changing the application of the transition standards. Timp Neighborhood. (16-0017OA)
8. P.L. Woolstenhulme FLP requests a General Plan Amendment for two lot remnants from the Public Facilities designation to the Residential designation. The property is located at approximately 4600 North Windsor Drive. Sherwood Hills Neighborhood. (16-0002GPA)
9. P.L. Woolstenhulme FLP requests Zone Change for two lot remnants from the Public Facilities Zone to the R1.10 Zone. The property is located at approximately 4600 North Windsor Drive. Sherwood Hills Neighborhood. (16-0004R)
10. Provo City Community Development Department requests an Ordinance Amendment to Section 14.10 One-Family Residential and Section 15.04 Conventional and Open Space Subdivision Requirements, creating an allowance for Variable Lot Subdivisions and eliminating Open Space Subdivision allowances. City-Wide Impact. (16-0011OA) .
11. Dr. Wendell A. Gibby requests a zoning ordinance text amendment to Section 14.38.025 and Section 14.38.085, to allow for larger electronic signs between 3000 & 3300 North University Avenue for emergency healthcare services. Riverside Neighborhood. (16-0013OA)
12. Provo City Community Development Department requests an Ordinance Amendment to Section 14.10 One-Family Residential, proposing changes in the minimum size and required setbacks for flag lots in one-family residential zones. City-Wide Impact. (16-0010OA)
13. Provo City Community Development Department requests an Ordinance Amendment to Section 14.34.140 Flag Lots, revising the policy, process, and other aspects related to the development of flag lots. City-Wide Impact. (16-0015OA)
14. Provo City Community Development Department requests an Ordinance Amendment to Section 14.10 One-Family Residential, proposing reductions in required lot widths in one-family residential zones. City-Wide Impact. (16-0009OA)
15. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council