George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 08/16/2016 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings are broadcast on Provo's Channel 17
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL/Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Invocation and Pledge
Approval of Minutes
o July 19, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
o August 2, 2016 Council Minutes
Presentations, Proclamations and Awards
1. The Good Citizen Award, presented by the Provo Police Department
2. Employee of the Month for July 2016, presented to Chris Cooper, Human Resources
3. A presentation by the Covey Center - ImprovBroadway
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Council Items and Reports
4. Introduction of Jonathan Crosland, recommended appointee to the Board of Adjustments. (16-101)
Mayor's Items and Reports
5. A resolution consenting to the appointment of individuals to various boards and commissions (16-101)
6. A resolution authorizing a perpetual license agreement for right-of-way access related to Lakeview Parkway. 16-096)
7. An ordinance amending the Wastewater Fees on the Provo City Consolidated Fee Schedule. (16-097)
8. A resolution approving the Interlocal Agreement between Provo City and Utah County regarding the use of 'Part 19 Tax Revenues.' (16-096)
9. A resolution approving an Impact Fee Funding Agreement with the Redevelopment of Provo City authorizing the use of tax increment in the South Downtown Community Development Project Area. (16-099)
10. A resolution approving an Interlocal Agreement with the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City authorizing the use of tax increment in the Aviation Services Community Development Project Area. (16-094)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
11. A resolution approving Interlocal Agreements with Provo City, Provo School District, Utah County, and the Central Utah Water Conservancy District, respectively, authorizing the collection of tax increment to facilitate the Aviation Services Community Development Project Area. (16-095)
12. A resolution of the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City approving an Impact Fee Funding Agreement with Provo City authorizing the use of tax increment in the South Downtown Community Development Project Area. (16-098)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
13. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of real property generally located at 965 South 1600 West from Agricultural (A1.1) to Single-Family Residential (R1.8). sunset Neighborhood. (15-0014R)
14. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to reduce the minimum story height in the General Downtown Zone and change the application of the Transitional Development Standards. Timp Neighborhood. (16-0017OA)
15. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to change the maximum front yard setback in the SDP-5 Zone. North Lakeview Neighborhood. (16-0014OA)
16. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to modify yard definitions and the requirements for minimum lot widths and require yards for corner lots. (16-0008OA)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/