George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 11/01/2016 12:00 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, November 01, 2016
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
Approval of Minutes
Council Business: Outcomes and Ends Policies
1. A discussion regarding Housing Committee recommendations (16-115)
2. A discussion on Land Trusts in Provo (16-083)
3. A discussion on the creation and mission of the Solar & Energy Committee (16-093)
4. A discussion on community solar (16-119)
Mayor's Items and Reports
5. Changes to Provo City code related to Provo 360 software implementation for business licensing (16-114)
6. A discussion about the Provo Metropolitan Water Board appointments and related updates to Provo City Code (16-044)
7. A discussion on Provo City property and the proposed conversion to the Land and Water Conservation Fund (16-113)
Council Business: Governance Process and Rules
8. A discussion regarding section in Vision 2050 (16-051)
o Section 1: Family and Neighborhoods
o Section 2: Land Use and Growth
o Section 9: Transportation and Mobility
Upcoming Policy Items referred from the Planning Commission
9. Provo City Community Development Department requests review and recommendation of the Southeast Neighborhoods Plan. Provost, Provost South, and Spring Creek Neighborhoods. (16-0001GPA)
10. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a
motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or
reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real
property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an
individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council