George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Provo/Orem City Councils Joint Meeting
- Date: 08/25/2016 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Location: City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL/OREM COUNCIL JOINT MEETING
12:00 PM, Thursday, August 25, 2016
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, Utah
A presentation from Utah League of Cities and Towns
1. An update on the status of the gas tax
2. A discussion on the property tax exemption
3. A status update on the proposed changes to impact fees
4. A discussion on short-term rentals
An update on the BRT referendum
A discussion on the freeway off-ramp at 820 North
An update on Provo's experience with Google Fiber:
5. How has that relationship been viewed politically?
6. How has it impacted the economy?
7. How has their approach with utility fee billing been received?
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/