George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Joaquin Neighborhood Meeting
- Date: 10/27/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Provo City Library, Room 201
- Introduction: Regular monthly meeting of the Joaquin Neighborhood
YOU ASKED IT. HERE IT IS!
Don't miss out. Phase II of our neighborhood plan, Joaquin 2050, is about to begin. We will stat at our next neighborhood meeting at the library, 6:30 p.m. on Thursday October 27. Community Development will be there to work with us.
The purpose of this effort is to extend our very successful Neighborhood Plan that has already been executed in many ways. An underlying theme is to better use the resources the neighborhood is endowed with. Hope to see you on Thursday at 6:30.
Here are some of the times to be discussed:
"2050 would address the following:
• Re-purpose local streets to slow traffic
• Re-purpose local streets for increased pedestrian and bicyclist comfort
• Prioritize local streets for re-purposing
• Create conceptual plans on how local streets could be re-purposed
• Create conceptual plans for bulb-outs at intersections
• Prioritize intersections for bulb-outs
• Identify potential funding sources for local street improvements
• Identify locations for additional pocket parks