George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 10/18/2016 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, Municipal Council Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Work Meeting Agenda
12:30 PM, Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
Council Business: Outcomes and Ends Policies
1. A discussion with Shawna Cuan from the Governor's Office of Energy Development on proposed legislative improvements/changes to the C-PACE program (16-092)
2. An update from the Development Approval Review Committee (16-023)
3. A discussion regarding the policy development of the Vision 2050 plan (16-051)
Council Executive Director's Items and Reports
4. A discussion on finalizing a name for the new civic engagement tool (16-042)
Mayor's Items and Reports
5. A discussion on a potential revolving loan fund (16-111)
6. A discussion on potential sales tax increment for a retail shopping center on University Parkway (16-112)
Upcoming Policy Items referred from the Planning Commission
7. Kevin Fairbanks, representing Pie House LLC, requests a Zone Change of 0.31 acres from Residential Conservation to General Downtown (DT-1). The property is located at approximately 245 North 500 West. No changes to the property are proposed with this Zone Change request. Dixon Neighborhood. 16-0010R, Brian Maxfield, 801-852-6429
8. Provo City Community Development Department requests an amendment to Section 14.04.010 of the Zoning Ordinance, regarding proposed changes to the number of Planning Commission members, their terms of office, and other details relating to Planning Commission rules. City-Wide Impact. 16-0019OA, Brian Maxfield, 801-852-6429
7. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council