George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 02/07/2017 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, February 07, 2017
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
o January 3, 2017 Work Meeting
o January 12, 2017 Development Approval Process Review Retreat
o January 17, 2017 Work Meeting
1. A presentation by BYU MPA students regarding a project in the Franklin and Franklin South Neighborhoods (17-018)
2. A presentation from the Utah Ombudsman's Office regarding eminent domain proceedings (17-022)
3. A discussion on the West Side Sewer Line planning (17-023)
4. A discussion regarding a proposed resolution expressing opposition to House Bill 164 and support for municipalities with respect to Enterprise Funds transfers (17-028)
5. A report on the progress of the Urban Deer Program (15-076)
6. A presentation from Utah Transit Authority regarding development near the proposed BRT line in Provo (17-021)
7. A discussion on an update regarding the city-wide Economic Development Strategic Plan (17-019)
8. A discussion on a proposed ordinance regarding camping on public property (17-020)
9. A discussion on mission statements for all Council Committees (17-030)
10. A discussion on a Budget Committee request for a Water Division review (17-029)
11. A discussion about whether the Council would like to fund both a new attorney and another zoning officer in the upcoming budget year (17-025)
12. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.