George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 02/21/2017 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Work Meeting Agenda
2:30 PM, Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT
Approval of Minutes
1. A discussion pertaining to a proposed ordinance amendment to the Provo City Permit Parking Area Program (17-038)
2. A discussion about Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) Property Conversion pertaining to the Bounous Park property (17-036)
3. A discussion on a Budget Committee request for a Water Division review (17-029)
4. A discussion on a proposed amendment from the Rules Committee changing the Implied Motion language in the Council Handbook (17-037)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
5. A discussion on a change to the Provo Landmarks Register: Wendy Holdaway requests the Nomination of the Erik C. & Sine J. Henrichsen House, located at 690 West 300 South, to the Provo Landmarks Register. Franklin Neighborhood. (16-0001LMN)
6. A discussion on a proposed amendment: Provo City Community Development Department requests amendments to the parking ratios for the Off-Street Parking Standards for Baching Singles (Section 14.37.060), the ITOD Zone (Section 14.23.120), the General Downtown Zone (Section 14.21A.150) and the Downtown Core Zone (Section 14.21B.140) to consider increasing the minimum parking requirement within these zones. City-Wide Impact. (16-0022OA)
7. Administrative update on the BRT project
8. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.