George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 10/17/2017 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
11:30 AM, Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
1. A discussion on a conservation easement for Rock Canyon (17-085)
2. A discussion on the Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Division and the work they're doing for the 2020 Census (17-127)
3. A discussion on a request for variance from Technology-Based Phosphorus Effluent Limits for the Wastewater Reclamation Facility (17-128)
4. An update on Council Communications (17-125)
5. A discussion on adopting the Provo Parking Strategic Management Plan as a guide for decision making and policy formation (17-126)
6. A discussion on the baching overlay (17-124)
7. A discussion on a proposed zoning ordinance amending Provo City Code 6.26.150 (17-104)
8. A discussion on above 25kW distributed generation (17-130)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
9. Provo City Economic Development Department requests amendments to the General Plan text for the Spring Creek Neighborhood to allow for SLU#6614 Contract Construction Services and Heavy Manufacturing (M-2) Zoning, located at approximately 4000 South 2300 East. Current zoning is Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC). Spring Creek Neighborhood. (17-0004GPA)
10. Paul Washburn requests a Zone Change from Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) Zoning to the Heavy Manufacturing (M-2) Zone for approximately 64 acres located at 3750 South Mountain Vista Parkway. Spring Creek Neighborhood. (17-0013R)
11. A discussion on the Transfer of Development Rights (17-129)
12. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.