George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 12/05/2017 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings are broadcast on Provo's Channel 17
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, December 05, 2017
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Neighborhood Spotlight - Provo Bay Neighborhood
Approval of Minutes
- October 17, 2017 Council Meeting
- November 14, 2017 Council Meeting
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation of the Provology graduates.
2. A recognition of Provo City Employees
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
3. A public meeting to appoint an individual to the office of Provo City Mayor to fill the remaining portion of the unexpired term vacated by Mayor John Curtis until January 1, 2018. (17-132)
- Applicants will be allowed a time-limited statement to the Municipal Council
- The Municipal Council may question the applicant and vote on a resolution appointing an individual to the office of Provo City Mayor to fill the remaining portion of the unexpired term vacated by Mayor John Curtis until January 1, 2018. (17-132)
4. Administration of the oath of office to the mayoral appointee
5. A resolution accepting a Provo City Audit Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017. (17-134)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
6. A resolution approving the appropriation and budgeting of $3.8 million to purchase the property located at 57 West 500 South in Provo and to loan an additional $2.2 million to Intermountain Farmer's Association to purchase the property at 898 South University Avenue in Provo. (17-141)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to update public works standards to meet 2018 criteria. City-wide Impact. (17-0022OA)
8. A resolution adopting the Provo City Strategic Parking Management Plan for decision making and policy formation in regards to parking management within Provo City. (17-126)
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code related to the Provo City Neighborhood program and clarifying sections related to City Boards. (17-138)
10. Public Comment on the Rocky Mountain University proposal to build a medical school on a portion of the East Bay Golf Course (17-136)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/