George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 11/21/2017 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
The room filled up so we had to move the Council work meeting to the Council Chambers. New broadcast link: https://youtu.be/0vuGt8aDmkM
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Room 310, City Conference
Room 351 W Center, Provo, UT
1. Presentations on the proposal to build a medical school on a portion of the East Bay Golf Course (17-136)
2. A discussion on the Accessory Apartment Overlay Zone, the Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone, and related zoning topics (17-137)
3. A discussion on adopting the Provo Parking Strategic Management Plan as a guide for decision making and policy formation (17-126)
4. A discussion on proposed text amendments to Title 11 regarding sanitation services (17-123)
5. A presentation from Finance on operating budget carryovers (17-135) 6. A discussion on proposed new Fire Department fees (17-133)
7. A discussion on proposed Neighborhood Program changes (17-138)
8. A discussion on the proposed 2018 Council meeting calendar, the timing of Council meetings, and the election of the Municipal Council Chair (17-139 and 17-140)
9. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/ If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council