George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 11/14/2017 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Agendas will be published on our public documents site:http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings are broadcast on Provo's Channel 17
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Pledge of Allegiance
Neighborhood Spotlight: Maeser Neighborhood
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation of the Employee of the Month for November 2017.
- Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
- Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
- Please limit your comments to two minutes.
- State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
2. A resolution requesting approval from the Utah Division of Water Quality for a variance from Technology-based Phosphorous Effluent limits under R317-1-3.3.C.d and R317-1-3.3.C.e for the Provo City Wastewater Reclamation Facility. (17-128)
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow Commercial and Industrial Energy customers to obtain a license to generate electric energy in excess of 25kW. Citywide impact. (17-130)
4. An ordinance requesting a street vacation for 40 East from 3700 North to 3800 North, and for 3800 North from University Avenue to 40 East. Riverbottoms Neighborhood. (17-0001SV)
5. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to clarify minimum required submittals for Project Plan Reviews. Citywide impact. (17-0018OA)
6. An ordinance enacting a new Provo City Code provision regarding rental contracts. (17-104)
7. **This item has been continued** A resolution amending the General Plan by deleting Appendix C-3 'Residential Agricultural Specific Development Plan' as pertaining to the proposed land use for property located on both sides of Lakeshore Drive between approximately 120 North and 400 North. Fort Utah Neighborhood. (17-0003GPA)
8. **This item has been continued** An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 23.8 acres of real property, generally located on both sides of Lakeshore Drive between approximately 120 North and 400 North, from Agriculture (A1.10) and (A1.5) zones to Residential, Performance Development (R1.10PD) zone. Fort Utah Neighborhood. (17-0006R)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/