George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 11/14/2017 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Starting time varies. See published agenda for the time for a specific date's meeting start.
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meeting is broadcast live at http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
August 8, 2017 Work Meeting
August 10, 2017 Joint Meeting with Provo School Board
August 17, 2017 Economic Development Retreat
1. A discussion on tools for implementing Westside Policies (17-129)
2. A discussion on adopting the Provo Parking Strategic Management Plan as a guide for decision making and policy formation (17-126)
3. A discussion on proposed new Fire Department fees (17-133)
4. A discussion on above 25kW distributed generation (17-130)
5. A discussion on a proposed zoning ordinance amending Provo City Code 6.26.150 (17-104)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. A discussion on a request for a Street Vacation for 40 East from 3700 North to 3800 North, and 3800 North from University Avenue to 40 East to facilitate the Olde Ivy Development. Riverbottoms Neighborhood. (17-0001SV)
7. A discussion on an amendment to Provo City Code Sections 15.03.300; 15.03.310; and 15.04.130 of the Provo City Land Use and Development Ordinances, to clarify minimum required submittals for Project Plan Reviews. Citywide impact. (17-0018OA)
8. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council Blog: http://provocitycouncil.blogspot.com/
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council