Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
- Date: 10/23/2018 5:30 PM - 7:20 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled meeting of the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
o August 7, 2018 Council Meeting
o August 21, 2018 Council Meeting
o September 25, 2018 Council Meeting
o October 9, 2018 Council Meeting
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
5. A resolution adding the house generally located at 395 E 100 N to the Provo Landmarks Register. Joaquin Neighborhood. (PLLN20180305)
6. An ordinance to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 freeway and south of the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay, and Fort Utah Neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225)
7. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 77.5 acres of real property, generally located at 1860 South East Bay Boulevard, from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) and Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) to Public Facilities (PF). East Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180323)
8. A resolution regarding a pledge of support and to identify measures to be taken to address Utah's housing needs across the State and in Provo City. (18-070)
9. **THIS ITEM HAS BEEN CONTINUED** McClean Properties LLC requests Ordinance Text Amendments to Sections 14.50 and 14.37.100 to allow for new Project Redevelopment Option Zone to permit six additional dwelling units on the property, and to allow for a one-way drive isle for parallel parking spaces for property located at 385 N 500 W in the Residential Conservation Zone. Dixon Neighborhood. (PLOTA20180292)
10. **THIS ITEM HAS BEEN CONTINUED** McClean Properties LLC requests a zone change for approximately one acre of property located at the 385 N 500 W from Residential Conservation to a Project Redevelopment Option Zone to allow for six additional dwelling units. Dixon neighborhood. (PLRZ20180293)
11. **THIS ITEM HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN** The Provo City Economic Development Department requests a Code Amendment to Section 14.20.160(7) to increase the amount of residential development in a Regional Shopping Center Zone (SC3) Zone from 20% to 33%. Citywide application. (PLOTA20180231)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Broadcasts of meetings will be on the Council's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/ProvoCityCouncil