George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 02/20/2018 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled meeting of the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
- February 6, 2018 Council Meeting
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. Presentation of the Employee of the Month for February 2018.
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
2. A resolution appropriating $284,295 in the New Development Fund for funding demolition and construction of Block 90 (R.C. Willey Block) and applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. (17-106)
3. A resolution appropriating $228,670 in the Housing Consortium Fund for funding self-help projects applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. (18-025)
4. A resolution authorizing the Mayor of Provo City to negotiate and execute a post-performance Sales Tax Increment Reimbursement Agreement between Provo City Corporation and Woodside Capital Partners, LLC. (18-021)
5. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Chapter 6.18 (Fire Alarm Regulations) and Provo City Consolidated Fee Schedule to prevent over-frequency of false alarms. (17-133)
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to increase the minimum number of residential units giving rise to a requirement for recreational amenities in the General Downtown (DT1) Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (16-00023OA)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow Dental Laboratories as a permitted use in the Community Shopping Center (SC2) Zone. Citywide Impact. (18-0001OA)
8. A resolution to place approximate 12.33 acres of real property, generally located at 3278 North Timpview Drive on the surplus property list. (18-018)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council meetings are live streamed and available later on demand: https://www.youtube.com/user/provocitycouncil