George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 03/06/2018 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled meeting of the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
- January 23, 2018 Council Meeting
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation from Sarah Simons and Utah County Health Department regarding vaping.
2. A presentation of the Golden Spoke Winter Bicycle Commuter Award.
3. A presentation of the January 2018 Employee of the Month.
4. A presentation by the Covey Center of 'Barefoot in the Park.'
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
5. ***CONTINUED***A resolution to adopt the Complete Streets Policy as a component of the Provo City General Plan. (PLGPA20180028)
6. ***CONTINUED***An ordinance amending requirements for street access into buildings in the General Downtown (DT1) and Downtown Core (DT2) zones. Downtown, Timp, Joaquin, North Park, Maeser, Franklin, and Dixon Neighborhoods. (PLOTA20180032)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding Fire Alarm Regulations and Provo City Consolidated Fee Schedule to prevent over-frequency of false alarms. (17-133)
8. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding major home occupations. Citywide impact. (17-0025OA)
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to increase the minimum number of residential units giving rise to a requirement for recreational amenities in the General Downtown (DT1) Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (16-00023OA)
10. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow Dental Laboratories as a permitted use in the Community Shopping Center (SC2) Zone. Citywide impact. (18-0001OA)
11. A resolution amending the General Plan Land Use Map designation for property generally located at 490 South State Street from Commercial to Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0002GPA)
12. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 1.92 acres of real property, generally located at 422-490 South State Street, from General Commercial to High Density Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
13. An ordinance amending the previously enacted Ordinance 2017-51 regarding rental contracts. (17-104)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council meetings are live streamed and available later on demand: https://www.youtube.com/user/provocitycouncil