George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
- Date: 04/24/2018 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled meeting of the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, Utah 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation of the Employee of the Month for April 2018.
- Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
- Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
- Please limit your comments to two minutes.
- State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
2. Approval of the February 20, 2018 Council Meeting minutes.
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 6.14.080 to bring code into compliance with Utah State Code. (18-041)
4. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to submit an application for a Utah County Municipal Grant to be used for Provo River Trail renovation. (18-037)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
5. A resolution of the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation approving the signature of a Partial Assignment of the Parking Lease to PEG Development. (18-044)
6. A resolution approving a Substantial Amendment to the 2015 Five-Year Consolidated Plan to incorporate the use of the Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program. (18-046)
7. A resolution appropriating $433,000 in the Airport Capital Improvement Fund for airport parking lot utilities and access, applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. (18-043)
8. A resolution to amend Chapter 6 Southwest Area Neighborhoods of the General Plan. (PLGPA20180011)
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding allowing motorcycle parking to count toward vehicle parking requirements in the Arbors on the Avenue PRO Zone. Riverbottoms Neighborhood. (PLOTA20180006)
10. A resolution authorizing the Mayor of Provo City to negotiate and execute a post-performance Sales Tax Increment Reimbursement Agreement between Provo City Corporation and Days Market Grocery Store. (18-040)
11. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 9.19.090 (Possession and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages) to include the prohibition of tobacco use within Parks and Recreation facilities. (18-035)
12. An ordinance making proposed changes to Provo City Code regarding the Downtown Neighborhood. (18-038)
13. A resolution ratifying the Mayor's signature on the Second Addendum to the Fifth Amended Interlocal Cooperation Agreement by and between Provo City and Utah County relating to the Ice Sheet Authority. (17-055)
14. A resolution ratifying the Sixth Amended Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Provo City and Utah County relating to the Provo City/Utah County Ice Arena Properties. (18-050)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please email or write to Council Members. Their contact information is listed on the Provo website at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Meetings are broadcast on YouTube