George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 02/20/2018 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled work meeting for the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
January 11, 2018 Legislative Breakfast
1. A motion to reschedule the March 20th meetings.
2. A presentation and discussion on wastewater planning. (17-131)
3. A presentation regarding a proposed appropriation to fund the demolition and construction of Block 90 (R.C. Willey Block). (17-106)
4. A presentation regarding a proposed appropriation to the Housing Consortium Fund to pay for approved self-help projects. (18-025)
5. A discussion on revisions to the rental law ordinance. (17-104)
6. A discussion on the Storm Water Master Plan and Design. (18-026)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion on an ordinance amending Provo City Code to increase the number of residential units needed for recreational amenities in the General Downtown (DT1) zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (16-00023OA)
8. A discussion on an ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow Dental Laboratories as a Permitted Use in the Community Shopping Center (SC2) Zone. Citywide impact. (18-0001OA)
9. A presentation on the Redevelopment and Economic Development Departments and potential budget requests. (18-005)
10. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Council meetings are live streamed and available later on demand: https://www.youtube.com/user/provocitycouncil