Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 10/23/2018 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled work meeting for the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
3:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
1. A discussion regarding public comments received from the Draft Environmental Assessment and an update on the Final Environmental Assessment preparation for the proposed Land and Water Conversion Fund property conversion (17-036)
2. A discussion on the proposed language for the resolution supporting housing affordability in Utah County (18-070)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
3. A discussion for a request to rezone portions of the East Bay Golf Course from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) and Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) designations to Public Facilities (PF). East Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180323)
4. A discussion on a request to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 Freeway and south of the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay and Fort Utah neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225)
5. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Broadcasts of meetings will be on the Council's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/ProvoCityCouncil