George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
Council Work Meeting
- Date: 10/23/2018 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Introduction: Regularly scheduled work meeting for the Provo Municipal Council
Agendas will be published on our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
3:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
1. A discussion regarding public comments received from the Draft Environmental Assessment and an update on the Final Environmental Assessment preparation for the proposed Land and Water Conversion Fund property conversion (17-036)
2. A discussion on the proposed language for the resolution supporting housing affordability in Utah County (18-070)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
3. A discussion for a request to rezone portions of the East Bay Golf Course from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) and Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) designations to Public Facilities (PF). East Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180323)
4. A discussion on a request to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 Freeway and south of the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay and Fort Utah neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225)
5. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
Materials and Agenda: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Broadcasts of meetings will be on the Council's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/ProvoCityCouncil