George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 01/22/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
1. A resolution authorizing the issuance of up to $69,000,000 of general obligation bonds for the purpose of financing Fire, Police, and other City Facilities and related matters. (19-014)
2. A resolution appropriating $20,000 in the Police Department General Fund for the Urban Deer Program applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (18-061)
3. A resolution stating the intention of Provo City with respect to affordable housing. (18-070)
4. A resolution with regards to an annexation petition for further consideration for approximately 13.45 acres of property generally located at 5400 N Canyon Road (Peay Annexation). North Timpview and Riverbottoms Neighborhoods. (PLANEX20180355)
5. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 14 acres, generally located at 2300 N University Parkway, from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) to Interim Transit Oriented Development (ITOD). Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180406)
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit Open City Hall.