George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 11/12/2019 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
1:30 PM, Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
1. A discussion regarding voter participation areas. (19-127)
2. A discussion regarding an amendment to Provo City Code regarding the disposal of certain confiscated guns and a resolution authorizing the Police Department to apply the proceeds of those sales to public interest use. (19-125 and 19-126)
3. A discussion regarding affordable housing policy. (19-121)
4. A discussion regarding the policy direction for the allocation of sewer connections for developments west of I-15. (19-110)
5. A discussion regarding parking permit programs policy. (19-120)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to update Public Works Standards from 2019 standards to 2020. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190366)
7. An ordinance applying the Supplemental Residential (S) overlay to the One-Family Res. (R1.8) zone for real property generally located between 2320 N and approx. 2100 N, and between 350 E and approx. 250 E. Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190094)
8. A resolution approving the Assignment and Assumption of Parking License Agreement between the RDA and 63 East Investors to Base Camp 63, LLC. (19-123)
9. A discussion regarding electronic sign policy. (19-118)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.