Dave Knecht was elected in 2015 and currently represents District 3.
The name Knecht means servant in German, an appropriate title for a City Council Member. Dave has been part of Task Force 2000, which formed Provo City's General Plan, the Neighborhood Evaluation Committee, and the board for NeighborWorks Provo. He previously served as a City Wide Council Member from 2002 - 2006 and as Neighborhood Chair of the Provost South Neighborhood.
Am I in District 3? Visit our map and enter your address to learn more »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 11/12/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
o May 7, 2019 Council Meeting
o October 8, 2019 Council Meeting
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. 2019 Excellence in Information Governance Award. (19-128)
2. Up and Coming Digital Equity Champion. (19-129)
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to comply with current state law regarding firearms disposal. (19-125)
4. A resolution authorizing the Provo City Police Department to apply to public interest use proceeds from the sale of certain confiscated or unclaimed firearms. (19-126)
5. An ordinance applying the Supplemental Residential (S) overlay to the One-Family Res. (R1.8) zone for real property generally located between 2320 N and approx. 2100 N, and between 350 E and approx. 250 E. Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190094)
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding Planning Commission approval of reductions in required parking, including for multi-family residential uses. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190289)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.50 to establish the 500 West Medium-Density Mixed-Use Project Redevelopment Option Zone (PRO Zone). Dixon Neighborhood. (PLOTA20180292)
8. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately one acre of property, generally located at the 385 N 500 W, from Residential Conservation (RC) to a Project Redevelopment Option Zone (PRO Zone). Dixon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180293)
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to update Public Works Standards from 2019 standards to 2020. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190366)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
10. A resolution approving the Assignment and Assumption of Parking License Agreement between the RDA and 63 East Investors to Base Camp 63, LLC. (19-123)
11. ***CONTINUED*** The Community Development Department requests approval of the 2019 Moderate Income Housing Plan, which is an update to the existing plan. City-wide. (PLGPA20190194)
12. ***CONTINUED*** An ordinance amending the General Plan regarding a designation change from Residential (R) to Commercial (C) for approximately 1.2 acres of real property, generally located at 1009 W 2000 N. Carterville Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190191)
13. ***CONTINUED*** An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approx. 1.2 acres, generally located at 1009 West 2000 North, from Residential Conservation (RC) to General Commercial (CG). Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190192)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.