George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 10/29/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
o September 24, 2019 Council Meeting
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1. A resolution requesting the recertification of the Provo City Justice Court by the Utah Judicial Council. (19-112)
2. A resolution of the Provo City Municipal Council authorizing the acceptance of a Utah State Infrastructure Bank Fund Loan for the Airport. (19-087)
3. A resolution appropriating $98,432 in the General Fund for an Economic Development Director position in the Development Services Department. (19-111)
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to correct and update Section 3.08.010 (Officials' Oaths and Bonds Required). (19-113)
5. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code to identify zones where cannabis production is permitted. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190365)
6. A public hearing regarding the creation of a permit parking area at approximately 1625 North 300 West in the Carterville Neighborhood. (19-108)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to clarify development landscaping requirements and allow for xeriscape. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20190280)
8. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 11.87 acres of real property generally located at 1400 S State Street from Residential (R1.10) to Medium Density Residential (MDR). Spring Creek Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190154)
9. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code to clarify that electronic display and animated signs are prohibited in Agricultural and Residential zones. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190351)
11. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.50 to establish the 500 West Medium-Density Mixed-Use Project Redevelopment Option Zone (PRO Zone). Dixon Neighborhood. (PLOTA20180292)
10. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately one acre of property, generally located at the 385 N 500 W, from Residential Conservation (RC) to a Project Redevelopment Option Zone (PRO Zone). Dixon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180293)
12. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding Planning Commission approval of reductions in required parking, including for multi-family residential uses. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190289)
13. An ordinance amending the General Plan designation of approximately 1.34 acres of real property, generally located at 1900 North Canyon Road, from Commercial (C) to Residential (R). Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190251)
14. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 1.34 acres of real property, generally located at 1900 North Canyon Road, from Public Facilities (PF) to Campus Mixed Use (CMU). Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190227)
15. ***CONTINUED*** Provo City Com Dev Dept requests amendments to Sec 14.34.295 Downtown Development Design Standards to clarify architectural requirements. Central Business District, Joaquin, Maeser, Franklin, Timp Neighborhoods. (16-0005OA)
16. ***CONTINUED*** Provo City Public Works Department requests amendments to Section 15.03.020(3) to update 2019 standards to 2020 standards. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20190366)
17. ***CONTINUED*** The Community Development Department requests approval of the 2019 Moderate Income Housing Plan, which is an update to the existing plan. City-wide. PLGPA20190194
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.