George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 10/08/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 08, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A proclamation welcoming students from Provo's sister city Meissen, Germany
2. A presentation on the Public Information Organization for Provo City and recognition of Nisha King as the recipient of the Communicator of the Year Award by the Utah Public Information Officers Association (19-106)
3. A spotlight on the Downtown Neighborhood
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
4. An ordinance amending the General Plan designation of approximately 1.34 acres of real property, generally located at 1900 North Canyon Road, from Commercial (C) to Residential (R). Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190251)
5. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 1.34 acres of real property, generally located at 1900 North Canyon Road, from Public Facilities (PF) to Campus Mixed Use (CMU). Pleasant View Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190227)
6. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code regarding Accessory Apartments. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190120)
7. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code to place over-occupancy on the list of Nuisances. (19-094)
8. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Title 4 regarding personnel policies. (19-082)
9. A resolution designating the Director of Community and Neighborhood Services Department of Provo City as the Certifying Officer as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (19-103)
10. **CONTINUED** An ordinance amending the General Plan regarding a designation change from Residential (R) to Commercial (C) for approximately 1.2 acres of real property, generally located at 1009 W 2000 N. Carterville Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190191)
11. **CONTINUED** An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 1.2 acres, generally located at 1009 West 2000 North, from Residential Conservation (RC) to General Commercial (CG). Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190192)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
12. A resolution approving the Assignment of the Parking Lease with 80 East to Provo City Housing Authority. (19-107)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.