Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 02/05/2019 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, February 05, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
1. Approval of Minutes for the January 10, 2019 Legislative Breakfast
2. A discussion on items related to the Wastewater Treatment Plant site and process selection (18-052)
3. A discussion regarding an agreement between Provo City and West Union Canal Company regarding water rights (19-025)
4. A discussion on the proposed Storm Drain Master Plan (18-102)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
5. A discussion on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.98 acres of real property, generally located at 672 South 1600 West, from Agriculture (A1.1) to Single-Family Residential (R1.10). Sunset Neighborhood. (17-0019)
6. A presentation of the Economic Development and Redevelopment Departments and potential budget requests (19-004)
7. A discussion regarding parking enforcement in Provo (19-018)
8. A discussion regarding the proposed amendments to the Accessory (A) and Supplementary (S) overlay zones and the proposal to combine and simplify these zones (19-022)
9. A discussion on a Neighborhood Program ordinance amendment related to fee waivers and vice-chairs (19-017)
10. Further discussion on Council Committees, including a review of Council Board and Committee assignments and Council goals (19-002)
11. A discussion on the frequency of joint meetings (19-024)
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.