George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 02/05/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, February 05, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
o Roll Call
o Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
A presentation by the Utah Transit Authority on their Station Area Plan (Item 1: Planning Commission Study Session - January 23, 2019).
Approval of Minutes
January 8, 2019 Council Meeting Minutes
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.98 acres of real property, generally located at 672 South 1600 West, from Agriculture (A1.1) to Single-Family Residential (R1.10). Sunset Neighborhood. (17-0019R)
2. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with West Union Canal Company to surrender company stock in exchange for Water Rights. (19-025)
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code and the Consolidated Fee Schedule regarding the makeup of the Neighborhood Program and Implementation of a fee waiver program. (19-017)
4. ***CONTINUED*** A request for a General Plan Amendment for 078 acres from Public Facilities to Residential to allow 6 townhomes in a proposed LDR zone at 862 E Quail Valley Drive. Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190009)
5. ***CONTINUED*** A request for a Zone Change from Public Facilities (PF) to Low Density Residential (LDR) for .78 acres, located at 862 E Quail Valley Drive. Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180430)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, Please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit Open City Hall.