George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 02/19/2019 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL Work Meeting 2:30 PM, Tuesday, February 19, 2019 Room 310, City Conference Room 351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Agenda Roll Call Prayer Business 1. Approval of Minutes
- October 9, 2018 Work Meeting
- October 23, 2018 Work Meeting
- October 23, 2018 Town Hall on the Bond
- November 13, 2018 Work Meeting
- December 18, 2018 Work Meeting
- January 22, 2019 Work Meeting
2. A presentation on Administrative Services and potential budget requests. (19-004)
3. A discussion regarding an appropriation for additional Police Department expenses. (19-019)
4. A discussion regarding an appropriation for the Provo Police, Fire & City Facilities Bond. (19-021)
5. A discussion on a proposed appropriation for the Airport Bond payment. (19-020)
6. A discussion on a proposed expansion of the Provo City Airport. (19-028)
7. A discussion on the use of the surplus property list. (19-015) Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
8. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.96 acres of real property, generally located at 1356 South 500 West, from Residential Agricultural (RA) to Residential (R1.8). Lakewood Neighborhood. (17-0017R)
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.14E.030(2) to remove the maximum density restriction in the Campus Mixed Use Zone. City-wide impact. (PLOTA20180432)
10. An ordinance amending the General Plan Map from Commercial (C) to Public Facilities (PF) for approximately 23 acres and from Commercial to Mixed Use for approximately 12 acres, located at 178 E 1860 S. East Bay Neighborhood. (PLGPA20180407)
11. An ordinance to amend the General Plan regarding the Downtown Master Plan to clarify right-of-way improvements for 100 West. City-wide impact. (PLGPA20190008)
12. Further discussion on Council Committees, including a review of Council Board and Committee assignments and Council goals. (19-002)
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.