George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 03/05/2019 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, March 05, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
1. A discussion on the Economic Development Impact the has been produced through Parks and Recreation efforts (19-031)
2. A discussion concerning House Bill 324 which proposes raising the minimum age for tobacco purchase and other alternatives available to Provo City (19-029)
3. A discussion regarding a proposed ordinance amendment prohibiting the sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits from commercial animal establishments (19-030)
4. A discussion regarding the Provo City Parking goals and objectives (19-018)
5. A discussion an ordinance to correct inconsistencies and provide clarification regarding boards and commissions in Provo City Code Title 2 (19-033)
6. A discussion on Council work efforts (19-032)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 4.99 acres of real property, generally located at 504 South 2470 West from Agriculture (A1.5) to One-Family Residential (R1.8). Provo Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180426)
8. A discussion on Council requests for FY 2019-2020 budget emphasis (19-004)
9. A presentation on the Council Office and potential budget requests. (19-004)
10. A presentation on the Police Department and potential budget requests (19-004)
11. A presentation on the Fire Department and potential budget requests (19-004)
12. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.