George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 03/19/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1. An ordinance to amend Downtown Streetscape standards to clarify right-of-way improvements for 100 West. City-wide Impact. (PLOTA20190007)
2. A resolution appropriating $162,200 from wildfire response revenues in the Fire Department General Fund for expenses related to equipment and facility improvements applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-034)
3. An ordinance amending the official Neighborhood Map. North Timpview and Riverbottoms Neighborhoods. (19-039)
4. An ordinance amendment Provo City Code regarding the sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits at commercial animal establishments. (19-030)
5. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to repeal and remove references to the Student of Higher Education and Young Adult Advisory Board. (19-033)
6. **CONTINUED** An ordinance correcting deficiencies in the Campus Mixed Use Zone pertaining to design regulation identified by Community Development. (PLOTA20190025)
7. **CONTINUED** An ordinance amending the Zone Map classification for approx. 3.724 acres of real property generally located at 2400 N 650 E to include a PD Performance Development Overlay Zone in the R1.10 Zone. Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190029)
8. A resolution regarding site and process selection for a new water reclamation facility. (19-037)
9. A resolution regarding loan authorization for the first phase of a new water reclamation facility. (19-038)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.