Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 04/23/2019 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
- January 8, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A presentation regarding proposed changes to the Parking Enforcement Fee Structure. (19-046)
2. A discussion about the review of the Urban Deer Program. (19-147)
3. A discussion about amending Ordinance 2019-01, previously approved on Jan. 22, 2019, with regard to the development agreement required in order for a zone change at 2300 N. University Pkwy to become effective. Carterville Neighborhood.(PLRZ201800406)
4. A discussion regarding the policies and direction of the Foothills Protection Committee. (19-002)
5. A presentation on the Community Development Department and potential budget requests. (19-004)
6. A presentation on the Public Works Department and potential budget requests. (19-004)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion about two ordinances the Zone Map Classification of approximately four acres from 500 S to 600 S and from 100 W to University Avenue. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLOTA20190046, and PLRZ20190047)
8. A discussion regarding an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approx. 3.724 acres of property generally located 2400 N 650 E in the R1.10 Zone PD Performance to allow a Development Overlay Zone. Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190029)
9. A discussion regarding amendments to the Provo City Code regarding the Board of Adjustment to comply with State Code. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190097)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.