Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Meeting
- Date: 04/23/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. An update on the City Center construction. (19-042)
2. Utah Recreation and Parks Association Presentation to Provo Parks and Recreation. (19-049)
3. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a Conservation Easement Agreement regarding Provo City property located near the Rock Canyon trailhead. (17-085)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
4. A resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer of the Provo City Redevelopment Agency to modify certain contracts with NeighborWorks Provo. (18-076)
5. A resolution designating a survey area, authorizing the preparation of a draft Community Reinvestment Project Area Plan and Budget, and authorizing and directing all necessary action by the agency, staff, and legal counsel. (19-050)
- Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
- Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
- Please limit your comments to two minutes.
- State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to establish an Officer Rank of Deputy Chief of Police (19-048)
7. A resolution appropriating $2,490,000 funded by lease financing in the Vehicle Replacement Fund for the purchase of two fire apparatuses and related equipment applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-043)
8. An ordinance enacting the Mill Race PRO Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLOTA20190046)
9. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 3.7 acres of real property, generally located between 500 S. to 600 S. and from 100 W. to University Ave. from ITOD to Mill Race PRO Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190047)
10. ***CANCELLED / DOES NOT REQUIRE COUNCIL APPROVAL*** Justin Earl request PRO zone approval for a mixed-use development on approximately four acres, located from 500 S to 600 S and from 100 W to University Avenue. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLPRO20190045)
11. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approx. 3.724 acres of property generally located at 2400 N 650 E to combine the Performance Development Overlay (PD) Zone with the underlying R1.10 zone. Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190029)
12. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding the Board of Adjustment to comply with State Code. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190097)
13. An ordinance amending Ordinance 2019-01, previously approved on January 22, 2019, with regard to the development agreement required in order for a zone change at 2300 N. University Pkwy to become effective. Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ201800406)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.