Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 05/07/2019 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
- February 5, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A presentation on the Utah Valley Express ridership (19-045)
2. A presentation regarding the bicycle plan for 500 North (19-055)
3. A discussion on the Airport Master Plan (19-052)
4. A discussion on the potential of an aquifer storage and recovery program. (19-056)
5. A discussion on a parking reduction on an affordable housing project. (19-057)
6. A discussion regarding enacting a free expression ordinance (19-058)
7. A discussion regarding a code amendment suggested by the Election Code Committee to update portions of the code related to Provo City elections. (19-002)
8. A discussion on the county form of government (19-060)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
9. A discussion on a zone change request from General Commercial (CG) to High Density Residential (HDR) for 1.92 acres of land located at 442 & 490 South State Street. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.