George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 05/07/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
- A presentation of the FY 2019-2020 Provo City Budget (19-004)
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
Approval of Minutes
- March 5, 2019 Council Meeting Minutes
1. A resolution approving two amended Interlocal Agreements between Provo City and Utah County regarding the funding of the Lakeview Parkway. (19-051)
2. A public hearing regarding a resolution approving the Program Year 2019 Annual Action Plan, Fifth Year update to the 2015 Five-Year Consolidated Plan, as amended. (19-059)
3. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to submit an application for a Utah County Municipal Recreation Grant to be used for Lakewood Park Playground. (19-053)
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to update and revise the street cross-sections. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190136)
5. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 1.92 acres of real property, generally located at 442 and 490 South State Street from General Commercial (CG) to High Density Residential (HDR). Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
6. A resolution requesting a Certificate of Registration (COR) from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. (19-054)
7. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 3.7 acres of real property, generally located between 500 S. to 600 S. and from 100 W. to University Ave. from ITOD to Mill Race PRO Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190047)
9. ***CONTINUED*** Community Development Department requests Ordinance Text Amendments to consolidate Chapter 14.30 S-Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone with Chapter 14.46 A-Accessory Apartment Overlay Zone. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190120)
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.