George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Meeting
- Date: 06/04/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Stormwater Service District of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, June 04, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. Judge Romney receives Utah State Justice Court Judge of the Year Award
2. Introduction of the new Wasatch Neighborhood Chair: David Acheson
Approval of Minutes
3. April 23, 2019 Council Meeting
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
4. A public hearing regarding a resolution approving the Program Year 2019 Annual Action Plan, Fifth Year update to the 2015 Five-Year Consolidated Plan, as amended. (19-059)
5. A public hearing on an ordinance adopting a budget for Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020, in the amount of $254,958,760, and amending elements of Provo City Code. (19-004)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
6. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2019, in the amount of 2,429,132. (19-005)
7. A resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a lease agreement with Blue Sky Development to allow them to utilize parking spaces for a pending mixed-use project at 105 East Center Street. (19-070)
Stormwater Service District
8. A public hearing on a resolution adopting a budget for the Provo City Stormwater Service District in the amount of $5,123,278 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020. (19-006)
9. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute the sale of the Timp-Kiwanis Park to the Provo School District. (18-018)
10. A resolution appropriating $2,200,000 in the Parks and Recreation Capital Improvement Plan Fund for the purchase of real property located on Lakeview Parkway, applying to fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-069)
11. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code to clarify limitations on signage within the North University Riverbottoms Design Corridor. City wide Application. (PLOTA20190026)
12. An ordinance repealing Provo City Code Section 2.60.040 (19-071)
13. ***CONTINUED*** Brady Deucher requests a Zone Change from R1.10 to Medium Density Residential for approximately 2.1 acres located at 1320 S State Street. Spring Creek neighborhood. (PLRZ20190100)
14. ***CONTINUED*** Brady Deucher requests an Ordinance Text Amendment to Section 14.37.050 to allow the city to consider parking reductions for affordable housing developments. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190170)
15. ***CONTINUED*** Community Development Department requests Ordinance Text Amendments to consolidate Chapter 14.30 S-Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone with Chapter 14.46 A-Accessory Apartment Overlay Zone. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190120)
16. ***CONTINUED*** Julie Smith requests the annexation (Peay Annexation) of 13.45 acres of property into the incorporated limits of Provo City, located at approximately 5400 N Canyon Road. North Timpview and Riverbottoms neighborhoods. (PLANEX20180355)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.