Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Meeting
- Date: 06/18/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Stormwater Service District of Provo
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. Presentation of Awards from the Utah County Child Abuse Prevention Team. (19-077)
2. Presentation by the Utah Geographic Information Council Conference Map Contest winner. (19-079)
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
3. A resolution authorizing the execution of an interlocal cooperation agreement to authorize Provo's participation in the UT Valley HOME Consortium in US Dept of Housing and Urban Development's HOME Investment Partnership Program (Fed FY20-22) (19-075)
4. A public hearing and an ordinance adopting a budget for Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020, in the amount of $254,958,760. (19-004)
Stormwater Service District
5. A public hearing and a resolution adopting a budget for the Provo City Stormwater Service District in the amount of $5,123,278 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020. (19-006)
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
6. A public hearing and a resolution adopting a budget for the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2019, in the amount of 2,429,132. (19-005)
7. A resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a lease agreement with Blue Sky Development to allow them to utilize parking spaces for a pending mixed-use project at 105 East Center Street. (19-070)
8. A resolution appropriating $139,530 from the General Fund in the Fire Dept. General Fund for the purchase of a temporary apparatus facility during the relocation of Fire Station 2 applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-073)
9. A resolution appropriating $60,000 from the General Fund in the Airport Fund for personnel and operating costs applying to fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-078)
10. A resolution accepting or denying an annexation petition for further consideration for approximately 2.55 acres of property generally located at 1860 South and Colorado Avenue. East Bay Neighborhood. (PLANEX20190140)
11. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to correct and update Title 10 (Water Resources). (19-072)
12. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Chapter 9.17 Civil Infractions (Parking Violations). (19-023)
13. An ordinance amending General Plan regarding a designation change from Public Facilities (PF) to Residential (R) for approximately 0.78 acres located at approximately at 862 East Quail Valley Drive. Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190009)
14. An ordinance amending the Zone Map classification of approximately 0.78 acres of real property, generally located at 862 East Quail Valley Drive, from Public Facilities (PF) Low Density Residential (LDR). Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180430)
15. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code to consolidate Chapter 14.30 (S-Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone) with Chapter 14.46 (A-Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone) and adopt related amendments. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190120)
16. An ordinance amending the Zone Map classification of approximately 2.1 acres generally located at 1320 S State St, from Residential (R1.10) to a new Entry Level Housing (ELH) Project Redevelopment Zone. Spring Creek Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190100)
17. ***CONTINUED*** The Community Development Department requests approval of the 2019 Moderate Income Housing Plan, which is an update to the existing plan. City-wide application. PLGPA20190194
18. ***WITHDRAWN*** Julie Smith requests the annexation (Peay Annexation) of 13.45 acres of property into the incorporated limits of Provo City, located at approximately 5400 N Canyon Road. North Timpview and Riverbottoms neighborhoods. PLANEX20180355
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.ll.