Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Meeting
- Date: 07/09/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
351 West Center Street
Provo, Utah 84601
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
The Council requests that citizens help maintain the decorum of the meeting by turning off electronic devices, being respectful to the Council and others, and refraining from applauding during the proceedings of the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Introduction of the new Foothills Neighborhood Chair, Ruth Thomas.
2. Introduction of the new North Park Neighborhood Chair, Eric Chase.
Approval of Minutes: May 21, 2019 Council Meeting
Fifteen minutes have been set aside for any person to express ideas, concerns, comments, or issues that are not on the agenda:
Please state your name and city of residence into the microphone.
Please limit your comments to two minutes.
State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
3. A resolution consenting to the appointment of individuals to various boards and commissions. (19-003)
4. A resolution supporting the Utah County Good Governance Advisory Board's proposal to include the change of government question on the November 2019 ballot. (19-060)
5. A resolution authorizing submission of a final Urban Deer Control Plan and authorizing the request for the Certificate of Registration ('COR') from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. (19-047)
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to establish a Division of Community and Neighborhood Services and Department of Development Services. (19-036)
7. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code 14.50(30) to amend the title, purpose, and objectives to the 50 East Project Redevelopment Option Zone. Spring Creek Neighborhood. (PLOTA20190170)
8. ***CONTINUED***An ordinance amending the General Plan designation from Public Facilities (PF) to Residential (R) for approx 0.78 acres of real property generally located at 862 E Quail Valley Drive. Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190009)
9. ***CONTINUED***An ordinance amending the Zone Map classification of approx 0.78 acres of real property, generally located at 862 East Quail Valley Drive, from Public Facilities (PF) Low Density Residential (LDR). Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180430)
10. ***CONTINUED*** An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.34.285 regarding the design standards for buildings in the Campus Mixed Use Zone. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190025)
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.