George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 07/23/2019 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
2:30 PM, Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
April 23, 2019 Work Meeting
July 9, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A discussion regarding the creation of a Downtown Parking Committee. (19-002)
2. A discussion of proposed amendments to Provo City Code Section 15.03.035 (Grading) to clarify and change requirements related to grading and grading permits. (19-002)
3. A discussion of possible legislative efforts to be undertaken by the Foothills Committee of the Municipal Council. (19-002)
4. A discussion regarding a proposed Permit Parking Plan ordinance amendment. (19-002)
5. A discussion regarding a resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign a water carriage agreement with Central Utah Water and the US Department of the Interior. (19-083) Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. A discussion regarding a resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to enter into an Owner Participation Agreement with Mill Race Development, LLC for a project located between 500 S and 600 S, 100 W and University Avenue. (19-084)
7. An ordinance to amend Provo City Code regarding design standards in various Higher Density Residential and Campus Mixed Use zones. City-wide impact. (PLOTA20190025)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.