George Stewart was elected in 2015 to the City-Wide District II seat.
George served as Provo City Mayor from 1994 to 1997. He served on the City Council from 2006 to 2009, being selected by the Council to serve a year as Vice Chair and two years as Chair.
To see which Council District and neighborhood you're in, visit our map and enter your address »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 08/27/2019 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:00 PM, Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
May 7, 2019 Joint Meeting with the Parks and Recreation Board
May 7, 2019 Work Meeting
May 28, 2019 Joint Meeting with the Metropolitan Water Board
July 23, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A presentation on policy updates from the Utah League of Cities and Towns. (19-089)
2. A discussion regarding sewer capacity west of I-15 and a consideration of options. (19-085)
3. A discussion regarding a resolution authorizing City Administration to accept a State of Utah Infrastructure Bank Fund Loan for improvements related to the Provo Airport Terminal Project. (19-087)
4. A discussion regarding an Interfund Loan from the Energy Fund to the Wastewater Fund for sewer improvements related to the new Airport terminal. (19-088)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
5. A discussion regarding the annexation of a property generally located at 1860 South and Colorado Avenue, partially in the East Bay Neighborhood. (PLANEX20190140)
6. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of the Amanda Knight Hall, located at 800 North University Avenue, from Public Facilities (PF) to Campus Mixed Use (CMU). Joaquin Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190244)
7. A discussion regarding an update on Council priority issues. (19-091)
8. A discussion regarding a request for an ordinance text amendment to consolidate Chapter 14.30 S-Supplementary Residential Overlay Zone with Chapter 14.46 A-Accessory Apartment Overlay Zone. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190120)
9. A discussion regarding a proposed parking permit program on Slate Canyon Drive. Southeast Area. (18-084)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at email@example.com or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.