Dave Harding was elected in 2015 and represents District 5. He is a father of four and husband to one wonderful wife. He has served as Dixon Neighborhood Chair, the Timpanogos Elementary School Community Council, and the City's Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee. He has a PhD in Materials Science from the University of Utah.
Dave's family roots in Provo go back eight generations but he was born and raised in Salt Lake City, helping him appreciate Provo even more now that he lives here. He works at Dymicron as an R&D engineer and a spine scientist. As an engineer, his job is to find elegant solutions to difficult problems. As a scientist, he's trained to question assumptions and critically evaluate evidence. He is eager to use his background as he approaches issues in front of the Council.
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 09/10/2019 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:30 PM, Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
May 14, 2019 Budget Retreat
June 18, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A discussion regarding sewer capacity west of I-15 and a consideration of options. (19-085)
2. A discussion regarding the Downtown Pedestrian Plan proposed by Downtown Provo, Inc. (19-093)
3. **CONTINUED** A discussion on defining over-occupancy as a nuisance. (19-094)
4. A discussion regarding an appropriation related to elements of the FY19-20 Provo City Budget that need to be revisited (19-095)
5. A discussion regarding a proposed ordinance amendment to Provo City Code to reduce off-street requirements for multi-family developments if certain considerations are met. (19-092)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. **CONTINUED** A discussion regarding an amendment to Provo City Code Section 14.34.295 to clarify architectural requirements in the Downtown Zones. Central Business District, Joaquin, Maeser, Franklin, and Timp Neighborhoods. (16-0005OA)
7. A discussion regarding a request for a Provo City Code amendment to Section 15.03.035 to add clarification to grading permits. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190275)
8. A discussion regarding an ordinance to amend Provo City Code to establish minimum bicycle parking standards. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20190217)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.