Dave Knecht was elected in 2015 and currently represents District 3.
The name Knecht means servant in German, an appropriate title for a City Council Member. Dave has been part of Task Force 2000, which formed Provo City's General Plan, the Neighborhood Evaluation Committee, and the board for NeighborWorks Provo. He previously served as a City Wide Council Member from 2002 - 2006 and as Neighborhood Chair of the Provost South Neighborhood.
Am I in District 3? Visit our map and enter your address to learn more »
City Council Work Meeting
- Date: 09/10/2019 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Conference Room, Room 310
351 W Center
Provo, Utah 84601
- Introduction: Start time varies. Agendas are published at agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1:30 PM, Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W. Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
May 14, 2019 Budget Retreat
June 18, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A discussion regarding sewer capacity west of I-15 and a consideration of options. (19-085)
2. A discussion regarding the Downtown Pedestrian Plan proposed by Downtown Provo, Inc. (19-093)
3. **CONTINUED** A discussion on defining over-occupancy as a nuisance. (19-094)
4. A discussion regarding an appropriation related to elements of the FY19-20 Provo City Budget that need to be revisited (19-095)
5. A discussion regarding a proposed ordinance amendment to Provo City Code to reduce off-street requirements for multi-family developments if certain considerations are met. (19-092)
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. **CONTINUED** A discussion regarding an amendment to Provo City Code Section 14.34.295 to clarify architectural requirements in the Downtown Zones. Central Business District, Joaquin, Maeser, Franklin, and Timp Neighborhoods. (16-0005OA)
7. A discussion regarding a request for a Provo City Code amendment to Section 15.03.035 to add clarification to grading permits. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190275)
8. A discussion regarding an ordinance to amend Provo City Code to establish minimum bicycle parking standards. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20190217)
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with � 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
Informal discussion may be held in the Council Conference Room between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM.
If you have a comment regarding items on the agenda, please contact Councilors at firstname.lastname@example.org or using their contact information listed at: http://provo.org/government/city-council/meet-the-council
Materials and Agenda: agendas.provo.org
Council meetings are broadcast live and available later on demand at youtube.com/user/ProvoCityCouncil
To send comments to the Council or weigh in on current issues, visit OpenCityHall.provo.org.