Police Officer (Open File)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$21.35 - $34.91/hr
- Posted Date:03/05/2019 8:58 AM
Return to full list >>
Provo Police Officer
Regular Appointment-Career Series Advancement Path
- Pay range for the full police officer career series is $44,417 - $72,610 annually ($21.35 - $34.91 /hr)
- Certified officers start at $21.35 per hour.Sponsored officers earn $20.83 per hour while attending the Academy.Officers may advance through the career series by meeting established criteria.
- Typical merit progression upon meeting advancement criteria:
- Year 1: $21.89 per hour
- Year 2: $24.15 per hour
- Year 3: $24.75 per hour
- Year 4: $25.37 per hour
- Year 5: $27.99 per hour
- Year 6: $28.69 per hour
- Year 7: $29.40 per hour
- Year 8: $30.14 per hour
- Year 9: $30.89 per hour
- Year 10:$34.06 per hour
- Year 11:$34.91 per hour
- Applicants with previous law enforcement experience that otherwise do not qualify for a lateral transfer appointment may be placed up to $30.16 per hour based on their level of relevant experience and qualifications.
- Medical, dental, life, and LTD insurance plans, retirement plans, employee assistance and wellness programs, and sick, vacation and holiday leaves.Optional plans available include:health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, vision and AD&D insurance, legal assistance, home and auto insurance, ID theft protection, supplemental medical insurance, and deferred compensation (401k, 457 & IRA) plans.
- Testing for Police Officer is conducted on a quarterly basis.Please check provocity.jobs for specific dates.
- The testing process consists of a physical test (Modified Cooper Standard—POST Exit Requirements), written exam (National Police Officer Selection Test), and an oral interview board.
- Appointments are made from the ranked eligibility list established by this process. Eligibles will remain on this list for two years unless removed in accordance with Civil Service Rules and Regulations.