System Analyst I (Public Safety)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$52,672 - $72,610 annually
- Posted Date:06/26/2019
System Analyst I (Public Safety)
Information Systems/Administrative Services Department
Full-time Exempt Position
Posted: June 26, 2019
Essential Duties: This is a working level System Analyst with light programming responsibilities in support of public safety departments with additional responsibilities for citywide information technology systems and services. The individual appointed to this position will be required to perform the following duties:
• Provide primary support services for the Provo City Public Safety Department including, but not limited to, laptops, desktops, handhelds, servers, and specialized Public Safety data systems. (e.g. PSAP, 911, Spillman, ZETRON)
• Act as a subject matter expert on technology with a specific focus on Public Safety.
• Provide 24/7 (bi-weekly) on-call support.
• Demonstrate a high commitment to the successful operations of Public Safety with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting multiple critical deadlines.
• Participate in the design, programming, implementation, testing, and maintenance of computer systems.
• Perform industry and competitive analysis while continually keeping up-to-date on new trends.
• Identify areas of improvement and provide process and technology guidance as needed.
• Analyze and clarify user requirements while promoting information technology initiatives.
• Create instructions and documentation of systems for reference and use by IS team.
• Be familiar with IS field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Perform system backup operations including verification and documentation.
• Monitor and enforce IS policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and one (1) year experience in computer information systems. An equivalent combination of job-related education/experience may be used [substituting each one year of post-secondary education/training for six months of experience]. Experience supporting Microsoft systems and customer service skills are required. Other diverse information systems experience preferred.
License: A valid, lawful Driver license is required at time of appointment. Applicant may be disqualified on the basis of an unacceptable driving record as reflected by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Selection Factors: Knowledge of principles and procedures of systems analysis, design, programming, and troubleshooting; multiple languages and operating systems; security, data backup, and disaster recovery methods; the operations, functions, and terminology common to the work; policies and procedures established for the work system; related laws, codes, rules and regulations governing functions of the position; basic English composition, spelling, and grammar. Skill in practicing trust-building behaviors. Ability to learn new technologies, languages, and operating systems; independently perform difficult programming and design activities; research solutions for problems; read, interpret, and apply technical publications, manuals, and other documents; exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations and make sound recommendations; explain technical information in lay terms and to individuals of varying levels of understanding; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, users, and superiors; quickly and accurately perform work; deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances; evaluate programs and procedures; organize assigned work and develop effective work methods; prepare clear, concise, accurate, and informative reports; perform duties in a manner that demonstrates respect, integrity, courtesy, and kindness towards fellow workers, customers, and the general public; demonstrate a high level of commitment to the principles of positive customer service.
Salary/Benefits: $52,672 - $72,610 annually (Range 29). Payment will be made by direct deposit and position includes a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, life, and LTD insurance plans, retirement plan, employee assistance and wellness programs, and sick, vacation, and holiday leaves. Optional plans available include: reimbursable medical and child care accounts, a health reimbursement account, a health savings account, vision and AD&D insurance, and deferred compensation (457 & 401k) plans.
Screening: Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position will be based largely upon an oral interview. Criminal background checks are conducted on all City positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
Physical/Environmental Factors: This work requires sitting at a computer or desk and keyboarding for extended periods of time, lifting up to 30 lbs., exposure to electronics and electrical materials and equipment related to the work, exposure to workplace stress including meeting of strict deadlines, and other varied physical activities associated with performing the essential duties. Employees of this class are frequently subject to on-call status.
Pre-employment Testing: Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation. Individuals with unsatisfactory drug screen results will be ineligible for appointment or application to any Provo City position for a minimum period of six (6) months.
To Apply: Apply online at www.provocity.jobs or at the Provo City Division of Human Resources located at 351 West Center, Provo, UT before 6:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Closing Date: Open until filled.