System Analyst I/Network Administrator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$52,672 - $72,610 annually
- Posted Date:07/01/2019
SYSTEM ANALYST I/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Information Systems/Administrative Services Department
Full-time Exempt Position
Posted: July 1, 2019
Essential Duties: This is a professional information technology support position working in the Administrative Services Department of Provo City Corporation. The individual appointed to this position will be required to perform the following duties:
• Provide management and support services for the Provo City data and telecom networks including, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, fiber optics, PBX phone systems, VOIP and analog phones, MPLS, OSPF, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.
• Act as a subject matter expert on technology with a specific focus on networking and telephony.
• Exhibit a high commitment to the successful operations of the Provo City data and telecom network with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines.
• Plan, direct, and participate in the design, programming, implementation, securing, testing, and maintenance of network and telephony systems.
• Perform industry and competitive analysis while continually keeping up-to-date on new trends.
• Identify areas of improvement and provide process and technology guidance as needed.
• Analyze and clarify user requirements while promoting information technology initiatives.
• Create instructions and establish guidelines/procedures to perform the functions of the job.
• Required to be familiar with IS field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Perform system configuration backup operations including verification and documentation.
• Monitor and enforce IS policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and one (1) year experience in computer information systems. At all levels, an equivalent combination of job-related education/experience may be used [substituting each one year of post-secondary education/training for six months of experience]. New hire probationary period will be one (1) year.
License: A valid, lawful driver license is required at time of appointment. Applicant may be disqualified on the basis of an unacceptable driving record as reflected by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Salary/Benefits: $52,672 - $72,610 annually (Range 29). Payment will be made by direct deposit and position includes a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, life, and LTD insurance plans, retirement plan, employee assistance and wellness programs, and sick, vacation, and holiday leaves. Optional plans available include: health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, vision and AD&D insurance, legal assistance, home and auto insurance, ID theft protection, supplemental medical insurance, and deferred compensation (401k, 457 & IRA) plans.
Selection Factors: Extensive knowledge of the principles and procedures of networking and telecommunications, network and telecommunications design, programming, and troubleshooting; network and telecom security, backup, and disaster recovery procedures; system implementation methods; and the general operation of and trends and developments in computer and communications technology. Skill in performing duties in a manner that demonstrates respect, integrity, courtesy, and kindness towards fellow workers, customers, and the general public. Ability to learn new technologies, languages, and operating systems; conduct research to determine solutions to problems; effectively plan and manage projects including the maintenance of schedules, timetables, and appropriate documentation; perform hardware and software diagnostics and basic configurations; analyze procedural operations and organize compo¬nent parts into a logical system; read, interpret, and apply technical publications, manuals, and other documents; maintain a working knowledge of technological developments; explain technical information in lay terms and to individuals of varying levels of understanding; and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Screening: Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position will be based largely upon an oral interview. Criminal background checks are conducted on all City positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
Physical/Environmental Factors: This work requires sitting at a computer or desk and keyboarding for extended periods of time, lifting up to 30 lbs., exposure to electronics and electrical materials and equipment related to the work, exposure to workplace stress including meeting of strict deadlines, and other varied physical activities associated with performing the essential duties. Employees of this class are frequently subject to on-call status.
Pre-employment Testing: Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation. Individuals with unsatisfactory drug screen results will be ineligible for appointment or application to any Provo City position for a minimum period of six (6) months.
To Apply: Apply online at www.provocity.jobs or at the Provo City Division of Human Resources located at 351 West Center, Provo, UT, before 6:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Closing Date: Open until filled.