Cyber Security Analyst
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$58,071 - $80,058 annually
- Posted Date:07/23/2019
Cyber Security Analyst
Information Systems Division/Administrative Services Department
Full-time Exempt Position
Posted: July 23, 2019
Essential Duties: The Information Systems Division of Provo City Corporation is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to grow our cyber security program. The successful applicant must be a great team player who is motivated by a fast paced, dynamic environment. The Analyst will be responsible to:
- Lead and deliver on Provo’s cyber security initiatives with a goal to raise Provo City’s cyber security stance.
- Investigate relevant information regarding the secure environment via audits, interviews, and information analysis.
- Understand processes and controls with respect to information security.
- Manage third party relationships relating to security services as required (e.g., penetration testing, etc.)
- Develop security risk metrics wherever possible and identify issues that possibly put the organization at risk.
- Document results of security risk analyses and present as necessary.
- Understand current PCI regulatory environment and related implication to security management compliance.
- Supervise and advise staff in the information security program.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of information security policies, procedures, and standards for Provo’s technology platforms.
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to create information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Monitor and routinely evaluate compliance to all security procedures and policies and ensure consistency of internal controls.
- Responsible for and owner of security event log collection, monitoring, intrusion detection and information security incident response.
- Ensure team and self-maintains technical security knowledge and awareness of new and emerging threats and mitigation techniques to maintain proficiency.
- Serve as the responsible internal subject matter expert on security risk.
- Deal with conflicts while holding all members of the Provo City organization accountable to responsible cyber security practices.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and at least two (2) years’ experience in cyber security, OR an equivalent combination of job-related education/experience. Candidate must obtain and maintain CJIS clearance. New hire probationary period is one (1) year.
License: A valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment. Applicant may be disqualified on the basis of an unacceptable driving record as reflected by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Salary/Benefits: Cyber Security Analyst II: $58,071 - $80,052 annually (Grade 31). Position is exempt from overtime. Payment will be made by direct deposit and position includes a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, life, and LTD insurance plans, retirement plan, employee assistance and wellness programs, and sick, vacation, and holiday leaves. Optional plans available include: health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, vision and AD&D insurance, legal assistance, home and auto insurance, ID theft protection, supplemental medical insurance, and deferred compensation (401k, 457 & IRA) plans.
Selection Factors: Preference will be given to individuals with the following: a) Security+ Certification, b) CISSP, c) Advanced Linux OS experience, d) Firewall / Security Appliance concepts and best practices, e) Experience with config management framework such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet a plus, f) Skill in performing duties in a manner that demonstrates respect, integrity, courtesy, and kindness towards fellow workers, customers, and the general public, and g) other diverse information systems experience.
Screening: Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position will be based largely upon an oral interview. Criminal background checks are conducted on all City positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
Physical/Environmental Factors: This work requires sitting at a computer or desk and keyboarding for extended periods of time, lifting to 30 lbs., exposure to electronics and electrical materials and equipment related to the work, exposure to workplace stress including meeting of strict deadlines, and other varied physical activities associated with performing the essential duties. Employees of this classification are frequently subject to on-call status.
Pre-employment Testing: Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and extensive background investigation. Individuals with unsatisfactory drug screen results will be ineligible for appointment or application to any Provo City position for a minimum period of six (6) months.
To Apply: Apply online at www.provocity.jobs or at the Provo City Division of Human Resources located at 351 West Center Street, Provo, UT, before 6:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Closing Date: Open until filled.