Information Systems Technician I/II/Sr.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.84 - $33.25/hr
- Posted Date:02/13/2020
- Deadline to Apply:02/27/2020 6:00 PM
Information Systems Technician I/II/Sr.
Information Systems Division/Administrative Services Department
Part-time Regular Position
Essential Duties: The Information Systems Technician supports, monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware and software problems for the City of Provo.
· Provide technical assistance and support, while delivering excellent customer service.
· Receive all new help requests, resolving in timely manner, escalating when necessary.
· Order and deploy all end-user hardware such as PCs, software, desk phones, and other peripherals.
· Utilize tools such as imaging, automated software distribution and automated patch management.
· Install and move structured cabling for pc and phone systems.
· Recommend and schedule repairs/purchases for computer hardware and software.
· Provide end user support and training for desktop and network applications.
· Analyze and troubleshoot both software and hardware specific problems.
· Facilitate the manufacturer’s warranty service on computers and peripherals.
· Provide basic instructions to users on software and computer utilization and on department procedures and operations.
· Provision accounts and logons for new employees.
· Required to be familiar with a variety of the IT field concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Maintain familiarity with provided work instructions and procedures to perform the functions of the job.
· Assist other staff members as needed and perform other related duties as required.
· High school diploma required. Some college preferred. Preference given to individuals with experience in the IT field.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Project).
· Preference will be given to those with skills supporting the following technology areas: Avaya, Landesk, HP Desktops & Laptops, Microsoft Operating Systems, MacOS, file shares
· Fluency in English is essential; additional language skills would be an advantage.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable personality with professional customer/service focus.
· Ability to deal effectively in all business relationships while projecting a positive image of the City.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting multiple deadlines.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Capable of working independently and as part of a team and ability to work under pressure.
License: Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment. Applicant may be disqualified on the basis of an unacceptable driving record as reflected by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Wage: IS Technician I: $19.84 - $27.35 hourly; IS Technician II: $21.88 - $30.16 hourly; Sr. IS Technician: $24.12 - $33.25 hourly. Payment will be made by direct deposit.
Selection Factors: Knowledge of principles/practices of computer operation, communications, and programming; PC/LAN application software including browsers, word processing, and spreadsheets; LAN and PC operating systems (Windows) and components including processors, motherboards, cards, accessories, and peripherals; related laws, codes, rules and regulations governing computer functions; and basic English composition, spelling, and grammar. Skill in performing duties in a manner that demonstrates respect, integrity, courtesy, and kindness towards fellow workers, customers, and the general public. Ability to model programs to needs of users for desired results; operate computers and equipment utilized by the City; understand and follow oral and written instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other departments, staff, and the public; and explain technical material in lay terms.
Screening: Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Criminal background checks are conducted on all City positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
Physical/Environmental Factors: This position requires lifting up to 30 pounds, frequent walking to various work stations, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time; exposure to computers, electronics, and electrical devices, etc., and high‑stress situations or environments, i.e. teaching groups of employees, meeting deadlines, etc.
Pre-Employment Testing: Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation. Individuals with unsatisfactory drug screen results will be ineligible for appointment or application to any Provo City position for a minimum period of six months.
To Apply: Apply online at www.provocity.jobs or at the Provo City Division of Human Resources located at 351 West Center, Provo, UT before 6:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Closing Date: February 27, 2020.