Internship Opportunities (Unpaid)
- Type:Limited Term
- Posted Date:07/10/2017
Provo Police Department Internship (Podcast)
- Produce a weekly interview based 15 minute intended for an internal department audience.
- Total weekly time commitment: Interview prep, recording and editing, 5-8 hours.
- Equipment and workspace provided by Provo City in the CH 17 studio.
- The PD will assign a supervisor to serve as a mentor.
- Mentor will approve podcast content, arrange interviews, and evaluate work.
- Ch 17 team leader Brett Borgett will serve as technical advisor.
- Applicants with previous podcast experience and experience using Adobe Audition software preferred.
- Internship length is one semester.
- Internship is unpaid.
For questions contact:
Legal Department Unpaid Intern
The intern will assist with the duties of the legal department in the following areas: claims; civil and criminal litigation; discovery; zoning code enforcement; and legal research. The intern will also perform regular office staff duties, such as interacting with the public, filing, scanning, etc. The intern will have the opportunity to shadow attorneys and attend court hearings when other duties permit. This position may be used for school credit with the prior agreement of the department. This internship lasts one semester.
Assistant City Attorney
Parks and Recreation Unpaid Internships
Interested interns may fill out an interest form to request more information.
Event Planning Intern
This intern will plan and facilitate special events for the City of Provo from pre-production through post-production. Interns will develop skills in 9 primary areas: (1) activity development, (2) budgeting & inventory, (3) marketing, (4) experience theming, (5) volunteer management, (6) donations & fundraising, (7) logistical management, (8) entertainment and vendors, and (9) post-production. Events vary with each season and may include Science Palooza, Spring Festival, Bike Prom, Pioneer Day, Movies in the Park, Halloween Carnival & Haunted House, Christmas Market, and Countdown in Provo.
Community & Adaptive Programs Intern
This intern will plan, facilitate, and evaluate community, adaptive, and senior programs for the City of Provo, including educational, fitness, art, social, computer, and other life enrichment programs; prepare promotional advertising for programs; prepare and maintain curriculum, reports, records, and equipment inventory; assist other staff members and the public as needed; and perform other related duties as assigned. Interested interns may focus more fully on community or adaptive if desired.