PROVO CEMETERY RULES & REGULATIONS
Decoration of Graves
- Signs with the most up-to-date information concerning holiday decorations and removal are posted at each cemetery entrance.
Funeral Flowers and Floral Pieces
- Floral pieces will be removed without notice when they become unsightly. Lot owners desiring to retain floral pieces must remove them within six days after interment.
- Artificial decorations are not permitted from April 1st to November 1st except for Memorial Day.
Planting and Excavation
- It is unlawful to plant anything without the City Sexton’s permission.
- Any type of excavation, digging, or disturbing the sod is not permitted
Markers and Monuments
Ownership, Liability, Risks, and Maintenance of Monuments & Markers
- Monuments and markers are the personal property of the owner. The placing of monuments and markers is done so at the owner’s risk. The owner assumes all liability and costs for the maintenance and repair of monuments and markers including, but not limited to:
- the raising of settled markers
- the repair of cracks, chips, scratches
- the repair or replacement of a marker due to age
- Our cemetery staff is not equipped to raise markers or monuments; please contact the monument company of your choice.
Care and Maintenance
- Care and Maintenance shall include the following services:
- filling of a grave
- seeding or sodding of the grave site after it is filled
- watering and cutting of the grass, except in times of drought
- Permanent Maintenance fees are non-transferable.
- The raising of a settled grave site is not a service included in perpetual maintenance. If a patron submits a special request for an established grave to be raised, the City Sexton is empowered by city ordinances to survey the area and decide whether such action is feasible. If the Sexton decides the established grave can be raised, he may then assess a fee based upon the cost of the city.
Access and Conduct in the Cemetery
Access to the Cemetery
- Access is limited to daylight hours. Children under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a supervising adult who is eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Motor Vehicles, Speed Limits, and Animals
- Motor Vehicles are allowed only on areas of the cemetery clearly designated for vehicular traffic.
- The speed limit is 15 mph.
- Animals are not allowed in the cemetery unless they are confined in a vehicle.
- The automatic gates at the entrances to the cemetery close each day at dusk and open at dawn. Please be aware that vehicles can activate the gates to exit the cemetery, but pedestrians cannot.
Enforcement of Rules and Regulations
- The employees of Provo City Cemetery will exercise every means to prevent loss or damage to any City property within the Cemetery.
For additional information, including holiday decoration pick up, please contact our office at 801-852-6607 or visit the Main Cemetery Page