PURPOSE OF TRAINING
Provo City is committed to providing a safe and professional work environment and developing a knowledgeable workforce that delivers quality service. The Employee Essentials courses and training materials will inform you of general safety requirements, basic employment laws, supervisory references, and how to conduct yourself as a Provo City employee.
EMPLOYEE ESSENTIALS PROGRAM: MANDATORY TRAINING
This program consists of 10 courses that must be completed by all full-time and part-time employees at least once every 3 years. Employees must be current on their Employee Essentials courses to be eligible for any pay increase.
You have three (3) months from your start date to complete all ten (10) Employee Essentials courses. If you are a seasonal employee, you must complete all of the courses during your employment period.
Important Note: You must review all course materials in their entirety and pass the corresponding quiz (if applicable) to receive credit for completion. To successfully complete this training, remember to:
- Use a compatible electronic device. These courses are not compatible with iPads and iPhones and may not be compatible with other mobile phones or tablets. It is your responsibility to use a compatible device.
- Only open and take one course and/or quiz at a time. To receive credit for completing a quiz, you must fully exit the course before opening another course and/or quiz. Your quiz results or certification will be monitored and recorded by HR. You must pass each quiz.
- Each electronic course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Courses can be taken in any order and viewing times are recorded.
- Be honest. Employees who submit inaccurate or misleading information about the completion of a course and/or quiz are subject to the City's discipline policy.
- Only seasonal or other designated part-time employees may use written versions of these courses.
- Google Chrome is the most compatible browser for these courses; if you have trouble viewing a video or course, try using a different browser.
Completion of training is tracked by Human Resources. If you have any questions, please contact us at (801) 852-6192 or (801) 852-6188.
OPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES
The following courses are not required. You may take them if you are interested.
|OPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES VIDEOS
|How to Manage Time Wisely||Stress Management|